Karina Pasiut is a contemporary textile artist and print designer.
Her artistic creations are rooted in drawing, painting, screen printing, dyestuff and tapestry taking inspiration from travels and observation of everyday life.
A handmade approach to design is crucial in her practice, stimulating her creativity and exploratory nature, although often supplemented with Photoshop and Cad designs.
Karina is highly passionate about screen print and works with reactive dyes, taking care of all stages from drawing to finished textile print to create unique and original prints.
AWARDS & SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENTS
- exhibiting designer at New Designers 2017 in London
- shortlisted in Creative Conscience for printed collection in Fashion & Fabric category 2017
- awarded a commendation in the category of “A printed fabric textile design for fashion on any base fabric” in design competition by Bradford Textile Society and The Worshipful Company of Dyers of the City of London 2017
- Student exchange to Institute of Design in Ahmedabad, India, 2015-2016
- Awarded The Worshipful Company of Dyers of the City of London Prize to a 2nd-year student with the most promising use of colour across Printed and Constructed Collection in academic session 2014-2015
- Winner of The Worshipful Company of Dyers of the City of London Prize for academic session 2013-2014
- Awarded Heriot-Watt University Prize for outstanding merit in academic session 2013-2014.
- Awarded The Ede & Ravenscroft Prize for best 1st or 2nd-year student on a programme in the School of Textiles and Design in academic session 2013-2014